View My Stats

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Undated Entry(possibly just after Christmas break)
Lou is very much complaining this evening, and has just asked me to write the record for her, reminding me at the same time a friend in need is a friend in deed. I hate very much to do it, but to prove to her I am her friend I suppose I'll have to take the disagreeable task on myself. I have only five minutes to write it, so hope all mistakes will be excused. After reading a Psalm we assembled in the msuic room. Miss Lou read "Value of Time and Knowledge", Mattie Kate played "Pique Dame." Miss Florence read "Begin Well." Lou read "Childhood Trust". Nannie read "Gather up the Fragments." Sallie read "Girls as Housekeepers." Lulie attempted to play "Silvery Waves", but broke down as usual before she had gotten half way through. Lucie was not with us to add to our happiness, for which we were very sorry.
Unsigned Entry as well.
Everyone is mentioned above, so whoever wrote this is one of the students.
The Roster for the School Year 1880-1881
Blount, Sallie Lee
Fauntleroy, Mattie Kate
Fleet, Lucy
Henley, M. Lou
Sale, Nannie F.
Starke, Loulie
When referring to Miss Lou and Miss Florence, they are the Fleet sisters who are teaching the girls here at Green Mount Home School for Young Ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment